1.0 Pilates Mat Foundations: Pre-Pilates
In this course you will be introduced to the Pre Pilates concepts. These concepts and moves are the foundation of Pilates and will be the building blocks you will call upon throughout your Pilates teacher training and career.
Every time you train a client, observe a class, or move your body you will return to these foundational concepts because they will be the baseline requirements to perform Pilates exercises.
- Guiding Pilates Principles
- Breathing for PilatesIdentify neutral spine and pelvic positioning
- Shoulder mobility and stability
- Core Engagement
- Movement Analysis
- Postural Assessment
You will learn 15+ pre-Pilates exercises in this course including the how, why and applications of each exercise. We will touch on special populations for each move and how to integrate them into class programming. This is not a stand alone course but a precursor to prepare you to become a Pilates Professional. This course is combined with our live Intensive Days to give you a well rounded education.
What is the target audience?
- Current Students signed-up for a teacher training with California Pilates
- Those looking to learn about the profession of Pilates
The Pre-Pilates course is the prerequisite to the other mat courses because it contains the foundational movements and assessment requirements for instructors to teach effectively exercises.
Get ready to walk through each move and examine the components necessary perform them. You will dive deeper into the the basis movements that govern Pilates.
History and Philosophy of Pilates
Pre-Pilates Mat Videos
Productivity Hacks to Get More Done in 2018
— 28 February 2017
- Facebook News Feed Eradicator (free chrome extension) Stay focused by removing your Facebook newsfeed and replacing it with an inspirational quote. Disable the tool anytime you want to see what friends are up to!
- Hide My Inbox (free chrome extension for Gmail) Stay focused by hiding your inbox. Click "show your inbox" at a scheduled time and batch processs everything one go.
- Habitica (free mobile + web app) Gamify your to do list. Treat your life like a game and earn gold goins for getting stuff done!