5.0 Injuries and Special Populations
Pilates is an extraordinarily powerful and rehabilitative movement method. Many find Pilates because they are referred by a physician or physical therapist to help them continue healing after surgery, injury or pain. When clients come to Pilates they are in a post-rehab state so it is necessary to learn how to modify exercises for them. This course will shed light on many of the injuries and special populations you will encounter in your career.
- Types of Injuries, disease, conditions and syndromes
- Pilates exercises and modification
- Contraindications and precautions
- Types of pain
- Healthy movement
- Class Programming
What is the target audience?
- Current Students signed-up for a teacher training with California Pilates
- Pilates Professionals looking to learn about different injuries and special population
The Injuries and Special Populations course is a necessary component to being a Pilates professional. Learning how to work with the limitations your client possess will help you be an asset.
Ankle and Foot
Diseases and Syndromes
Pre-natal and Post-natal
Productivity Hacks to Get More Done in 2018
— 28 February 2017
- Facebook News Feed Eradicator (free chrome extension) Stay focused by removing your Facebook newsfeed and replacing it with an inspirational quote. Disable the tool anytime you want to see what friends are up to!
- Hide My Inbox (free chrome extension for Gmail) Stay focused by hiding your inbox. Click "show your inbox" at a scheduled time and batch processs everything one go.
- Habitica (free mobile + web app) Gamify your to do list. Treat your life like a game and earn gold goins for getting stuff done!