Gluten Free Chocolate Zucchini Bread
This is a great gluten free loaf that any chocolate lover will love. You can easily make it sugar free or vegan.
Write a review
1 hr 20 min
1 hr 20 min
Amount Per Serving
Calories from Fat 116
% Daily Value *
Total Fat 13g
Saturated Fat 7g
Trans Fat 0g
Polyunsaturated Fat 3g
Monounsaturated Fat 3g
Total Carbohydrates 36g
Dietary Fiber 3g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your Daily Values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
- 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/2 cup maple syrup or agave
- 2 eggs (room temp)
- 2/3 cup shredded/blended apples (approx. 2 small)
- 2 cups gluten free flour blend
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 3 tbsp unsweetened dark cocoa
- 1 shredded zucchini
- 1/2 cup bitter sweet dairy free dark chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts (optional)
- Line bread pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- Prepare apples and zucchini with a food processor.
- Mix coconut oil and agave together in a large bowl on medium speed.
- Add room temperature eggs one at a time, then add apples until combined.
- Stir in dry ingredients on medium speed. Batter will be fairly thick.
- Remove from blender and stir in zucchini by hand. Batter will moisten up.
- Stir in chocolate chips and optional nuts.
- Bake 375 degrees F for 45-60mins or until knife comes out clean.
- If you wish to omit the sugar you can use another apple in the place of the syrup or a banana. Make sure the eggs are room temperature or they will make the coconut oil harden. I tend to use honey crisp or Braeburn apples, the sweeter the better. The batter will be rather thick just make sure to smooth it out in the pan because it will not level out like wheat flour does.
California Pilates https://www.capilates.com/